Advantages and Disadvantages of Sleeping on the Floor
Sleeping on the floor is common in popular culture and Japanese households. Most notably, the wealthy Count of Monte Cristo sleeps on the floor because he is used to it during years of imprisonment. Nevertheless, this got me thinking about the costs and benefits of sleeping on the floor.
After doing some research, I quickly stumbled upon several blogs listing cost and saving space as the main motivator to choose the floor. Personally, I consider this logic cheep and ignorant, especially if doing so will ruin your health. However, I found that studies show sleeping on the floor is beneficial to your health as long as you do not have inherent back problems.
Advantages of Sleeping on the Floor
1. The main advantage is the health benefit. Improved blood circulation, corrected posture, prevention of back and neck pain, and reduction in risk of scoliosis are all researched pluses to sleeping on the floor.
2. You won’t have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. Waking up on time improves productivity. Personally, this will be helpful when waking up for my 100 hour a week job.
3. It is somehow purifying. Waking up on the floor reminds me of Steve Jobs’ famous quote, “Stay hungry, stay foolish.”
Disadvantages of Sleeping on the Floor
1. Depending on the scenario, chick’s don’t dig it. On one hand, if you considerately offer her the bed after a night of extreme inebriation or in the name of chivalry, she may be enamored with you. However, if you don’t own a bed or ask her to join you, forget about “sleeping with her”. The same most likely can not be said if the gender roles were flipped.
2. Apart from being generally uncomfortable, it can get cold in the winter.
3. You learn a lot about bugs. Even though most of them are harmless, that’s disgusting and sometimes frightening.
I will always have a regular western bed with plenty of decorative pillows. However, for the next month, I plan on sleeping on the floor while analyzing how the change affects my health and productivity.
56 Notes/ Hide
- kickingnscreamin reblogged this from capitalistconcept
- tizzithefantazmic likes this
- abitofadreamerxx likes this
- onehappyminimalist likes this
- ohsofishy reblogged this from capitalistconcept
- momentscollapsingtheeternity likes this
- crimsonflor likes this
- thecrownofwildflowers likes this
- aqut likes this
- purpleakumu likes this
- runcowboyrun likes this
- capitalistconcept posted this